Now that I’m celebrating completion of the 5-day bathroom install that ended up taking 10 months (ask me if you see me, and you’ve got a good listening ear: it was a catastrophe, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right?), I’m busy organising plasterers, decorators, choosing wallpaper and paint. In what downtime there is, I’m reading, but I’m not in a reviewing frame-of-mind. There’s sunshine and warm weather to enjoy this week. Such lovely summers are too rare to be spent inside on the computer – in Scotland at least. I’ll get back to reviewing next month.
In the meantime, I’m nicking the #54321challenge hashtag from Instagram. Not sure where it started. Do join in if you feel like it.
5 Books I love (All read in the 2020s)
- Around the World in 80 Trees – Jonathan Drori
- The Old Man in His Exile – Arno Geiger
- The Eighth Life – Nino Haratischvili
- The Long Drop – Denise Mina
- The Rabbit Factor – Antti Tuomainen
4 Auto Buy Authors
- Kate Atkinson
- Oliver Bottini
- Abir Mukherjee
- Juli Zeh
3 Genres I Love
- Crime Fiction
- Historical Fiction
- Literary Fiction
2 Places I love to read
- Anywhere and Everywhere (though not in the bath!)
1 Book I’m reading next
- A Sister’s Story – Donatella di Pietrantonio (for Annabel’s Italian Fortnight)
I have The Eighth Life on my TBR, so I’m glad to see it’s one that stays with you after you’ve read it.